Our Commitment to Privacy
Zoara.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
The Site is operated by Zoara Group that consists of ZO US Corp, ZO HK and Zo TLV.
What Information We Collect
At zoara.com we collect personal information about you in order to provide you with a personalized shopping experience and the best service possible. We gather this information about you when you engage with us and use our Services, including, but not limited to, when you purchase products using our site, register or complete forms on our site, submit user-generated reviews, and interact in any social media functions or digital marketing associated with the Site.
The Information that we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- personal information such as your name, date of birth and gender.
- contact information such as email address, postal address and telephone number.
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers.
- your marketing preferences, including any consent you have given us when you subscribe to our newsletter or set up an online account.
- a record of that correspondence if you contact us by telephone, email, or live chat.
- We also collect some information automatically including, but not limited to: information related to the browser, device or operating system that you use to access our Services, your IP address, the website you came from, information on actions taken on our services including, but not limited to, pages viewed, dates and times of visits, time spent on each page and products viewed, clicked on, added to your basket and purchased.
How We Use This Information
We process your personal data for following purposes, among others:
- to process and fulfill your order and to provide products and services you have requested.
- to personalize our products and services for you.
- to provide customer service care.
- to send you information about changes to our terms or policies.
- to verify your identity.
- to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law.
Where and when you give us your consent, we will use your personal data:
- for direct marketing to send you e-newsletters and other promotional material about our services and to use technologies to check if these have been received and opened to help make our communications relevant to you.
- to place cookies and use similar tracking technologies (as set out in the "Cookies" section and the information provided to you when those technologies are used) to personalize content and advertising for you and to allow our content to function better.
On other occasions when we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose that we explain at that time.
If you no longer wish for us to use your personal information for marketing purposes, you have an absolute right to opt-out at any time. You can do this by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Share This Data With
With your consent (where required), we share your personal data with trusted third parties we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf including, but not limited to, handling payments, hosting services, database maintenance, delivery of your order and conducting analytics.
In all cases, the third party is acting in compliance with Zoara's express instructions and in accordance with this Policy, confidentiality and levels of security.
We also share your personal data:
- in compliance with legal processes, for example, a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency's request.
- with third party platforms such as Facebook or Google to send you targeted advertisements.
Retaining Your data
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing materials or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
When personal data is processed by cause of a contract, the data will be kept unless otherwise requested to be removed.
Your Information and Countries Outside of Europe
We have a branches and fulfilment centers in the USA and in Hong-Kong. We also have branches in Israel, India and Spain, which may be used for processing orders from customers in the EU and/or for customer service. Although the USA, India, and Hong Kong are not countries within the jurisdiction of the European Commission decision of adequacy, we protect your privacy and your rights through the use of the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses and implementation of the security measures throughout our branches worldwide.
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use the personal data we collect online correctly. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the personal data we collect and store.
One such safeguard is Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information that you provide online at our Site.
Your access to your account is password protected. We advise that you do not disclose your password to anyone. In addition, we recommend you sign out of password-protected services at the end of your session. You are responsible for all actions taken with your login name and password. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password. We offer you the ability to review and change the information you submit to us by logging into the site, and once logged in as a registered user, you may change your password and user preferences. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are unable to change your password.
You have numerous rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (you can also perform corrections of most personal information through My Account)
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or report elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator.
If you want to exercise your rights as listed above, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Getting in Touch
We hope that we can satisfy inquiries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data or would like to opt-out of direct marketing, you can get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, calling us at 1-800-431-0012 or writing to us at:
50 W 47th St. Suite 1711
New York, New York 10036 , USA
From time to time, we may update this notice. We will notify you about any upcoming material changes by either sending you an email to the email address you most recently provided to us or by prominently posting a notice on our Services. We encourage you to periodically check back and review this notice so that you know what personal data we collect, how we use it, and with whom we share it.